The Palestine Children’s Relief Fund is a nonprofit, nonpolitical, nonreligious humanitarian relief organization, established in 1992 to arrange medical care for sick and injured Palestinian children who could not be treated in their homeland. Since our founding, we have expanded and grown into one of the main relief organizations in the Middle East, helping thousands of children each year get the care and support they need to live better lives.
PCRF is currently looking to recruit a Project Supervisor.
- Job Title: Project Supervisor
- Program/ Unit: Projects Department – Operations
- Reporting Line: Projects Manager
- Location: Gaza
- Position Type: Consultancy Agreement
Provide coordination and engineering supervision work for two of the PCRF projects in Gaza: Establishment of an Operation Room – at Al Aqsa Hospital and Rehabilitation of the Operations department at the Indonesian Hospital.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assure implementation of project activities in compliance with PCRF requirements, project specifications, and time plan.
- Provide a full-time day-to-day construction follow-up for the projects.
- Be ready for urgent site visits if required by PCRF and promptly respond to PCRF’s communications.
- Coordinate delivery, inspection, and implementation of all engineering activities with MOH engineers.
- Apply proper coordination to allow for the installation of medical equipment.
- Inspect on site all the Engineering Works submitted by the contractor, and provide the needed response.
- Review the plans, and drawings in coordination with the other disciplines and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Ensure that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials.
- Make cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
- Manage, monitor, and interpret the contract design documents.
- Assist in overall quality control and comply with health and safety rules and regulations on-site.
- Be a part of the Commissioning and Substantial handover Committee for the Works activities upon request in coordination with the site engineer.
- Review submitted Contractor’s Payments and Variations.
- Submit daily, weekly, and Monthly Supervision reports.
- Any other duties as may be requested by PCRF management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture.
- A minimum of five years of experience in construction site supervision and coordination between different engineering disciplines and project stakeholders.
- Full-time dedication to the projects.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Experience in the finishing of Health facilities
- Knowledge of MS Office and Autocad.
- Ability to move between the two projects.
- Strong communication skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must fill out the following job application:
Kindly note that the closing date is July 3rd, 2022